Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Being With Jesus

1 John 1:7 (New International Version)

[7]But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

The Bible calls people who do good righteous. There were many that God specifically named righteous, for instance Job. How do we know that Job was righteous? Because he did right. Yes he was human, and humans aren't perfect, but God was pretty proud of Job, he even considered him blameless.

So how do we live righteous lives? 1 John 1:7 states that purification from all sin comes through the blood of Jesus, and if we would walk in the light as he [God] is in the light, our sins will be purified. So what is light?

Several months back I made a decision to change my habits of entertainment--namely movies--to walk more in this light that John talks about. And what a practical solution it was! The less negative content in my entertainment, the easier it is to fix my eyes on someone much greater, Jesus. And it wasn't difficult to part with many of my previous modes of entertainment - anything that I felt dragging me down in any way I removed from my life. What a freedom I felt!

A very good friend of mine once told me, "Dark things grow in dark places," there was more to it but that was the jist of it. This is why it is so important to walk in the light. Do you want freedom from bondage? Walk in the light! Do you want healing from sickness, depression, sin? Walk in the light!



Walking in the light means simply to walk with Jesus. Not just a few minutes down on your knees by your bed each night, no. Any and every day, twenty-four hours a day, we must seek an active growing relationship with Christ. This is how we must walk in the light. And when we walk in this light, "...the things of this earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace."

Will you turn your eyes upon Jesus?
Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in his wonderful face
And the things of this earth
will grow strangely dim
In the light of His Glory and Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment