Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Personal Testimony - Relationship

 They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death. -Revelation 12:11
There's no doubt about it, your testimony is powerful. In light of that this post is going to be a bit different, this post will be my testimony of God's provision in my life.

Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred. -Proverbs 15:17

2006 was the second year of fighting depression and was certainly the peak of my battle. '06 may very well have been one of the hardest years that I have faced. I felt alone, I had no reliance in Christ, and I couldn't tell anyone about it. I couldn't, that is, till someone very special stepped into my life.

Brenna was not typical. At all! I don't mean that in a bad way. She is the best friend I have ever had (besides God, of course). I met her in the thick of my depressive state. Several months before I had asked God to re-establish himself in my life, but since I was still living righteousness by works, I fell into the net again. I met Brenna, as I said, during the thick of this depression. She was the first I was able to talk to about my depression - she didn't think badly of me, she just listened. She showed genuine care, concern, and love for me, something that I had never felt in a friend before. She stuck by me even through times when I thought of dieing, and she never gave up. She was truly a blessing. Although I would have preferred someone a little closer than 20,000 miles away, Brenna was the answer to my prayer for a friend.

I had the opportunity that winter to connect with many other christian teens across North America and further through a site Brenna referred me to. The love and encouragement I recieved during these times I will never forget.

I got aquainted with Aimee that winter and boy did I ever not know what I was getting myself into! By now I was begining to see victory from depression and my walk with God grew stronger every day. When I first met her, she told me she was a highschool senior. Now I'm thinking, 'okayy, she must be like 18 by now,' thats cool. Then she told me she was 14! Aimee never ceased to surprise me from then on, be it in her unwitting ability to beat me every time we played checkers, or glimpses of her firmly rooted faith in God. She was like an older sister to me; Aimee mentored me in my spiritual walk, and there was the odd time when I could give her some advice too. No matter where it was I was stuck, Aimee always had some insight that would keep me going for God. She was the main cause of all the spiritual growth I made that winter and in the next several years.

What must be one of the most random of meetings took place sometime in the late of 2007 or early 2008, though I cannot remember clearly when. So I had this account on this totally random site called Tagged, and one day I get this message from this girl, and she's like 'I looked at your profile. Dude it's so cool to actually meet someone religious on here!' and I was like 'dude, I'm totally not religious' and she was like 'oh... I'm sorry' so I was like 'no no no, I'm not religious, I'm relational!'
I didn't know it at the time but Jorden would be the first of any I would meet in person. She actually lived a little closer, only a province away! (what a novelty!)
As the poem which I wrote to her stated, our relationship had a slow beginning. We didn't really start talking till several months later, and after a month of that there was another gap in which we didn't talk for another several months.
But after all that time, we quickly became friends and concluded that we must be long lost siblings.
Jorden was an encouragement. By this time my spiritual walk had grown enough that I felt on a bit of a level to her and many of our conversations were spent simply proclaiming to one another how awesome our God was! Jorden became a very close friend, and one of the first who could personally understand some of fleshly temptations I faced. In May of 2009 I had the opportunity to meet her for the first time.

There is only one word which could describe my first impression of Emma; sporadic. She was one of a few which actually lived in my own town not 5 minutes away. (Imagine that!) Although this was now about a year later, I was hesitant to become involved with Emma. I was afraid that she would detract me from my Walk. She left what she must have imagined were subtle little hints that she wanted to be my friend and in spite of my hesitancy we shared nearly a year and a half together as close friends. I had never known anything like it before as here was someone who was not only close enough, but enthusiastic to be around me alot. Emma impacted my life, even more I suppose, than I have even begun to realize even now.

During a very difficult time of my life, actually just a few months ago, I met Morgan--my other little sister. Morgan was a God-send. I met her while dealing with a major relational dilema, and she walked me through it with her love for me and her unfaltering faith in Jesus Christ. Morgan was one of the most honest people I have ever known, even to the point of losing what meant so much to her. I was touched--rather, clonked on the head--by her devotion and trustability. We have become very close.

There are many others who have been in my life. If I were to write about them all, this post would be incredibly long. I have treasured all of my friendships very closely. These few I have mentioned are a few of those which were more active in my life, but no friend has ever left me unaffected.

One of the most hurtful things which I have received was criticism about my friends. In all truth, I have never met most of my best friends, and yesterday's world condemns today's world for communicating with people halfway across the globe. I personally am proud to say I have friends across the continent. I have Christian brothers and sisters in America, in Europe, and even India. Jealous? ;)

I am forever thankful to God for providing these my friends. I am thankful that through the friends he put in my path, he drew me to himself. I am thankful for all they and he have done for me. This is my testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment